Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

Binds 101

Cerballossum13

Reaction score
Note for making binds for chat messages, /roll's /me's, /w's, /y's, /advert's, /ooc, and /looc messages!
One, do not make radio binds for A: Calling out that a raid is happening and B: Calling out that you have been captured. These are against the rules.

bind KEY "say COMMAND THING
i.e. bind [ say /advert [RP] {![ENRAGED!]} will put into chat /advert [RP] {![ENRAGED]} as though you had typed it out in chat normally.

/roll
bind "say /roll
- This will automatically roll you a number in chat for any RP action that needs it, when you press it.

/me
bind KEY "say /me does a flip
- This will do /me does a flip, putting into chat 'NAME does a flip"

Whispering /w
bind KEY "say /w I like ya cut, G
- This will whisper into chat 'I like ya cut, G'

Yelling /y
bind KEY "say /y His DCB? Wack. His loadout? Wack. His aim? Wack. Me? I'm tight as fuck!
- This will yell into chat 'His DCB? Wack. His loadout? Wack. His aim? Wack. Me? I'm tight as fuck!'

/advert bind KEY "say /advert [F] Yo, who the fuck put grape jelly into the coffee machine? Who the hell does that??
- This will advert into Foundation comms 'Yo, who the fuck put grape jelly into the coffee machine? Who the hell does that??'

/advert [RP] (With Color)
bind KEY "say /advert [RP] {green The Site Director would find a lone burrito laying in their office chair, cold.}
- This will put a roleplay action into chat saying 'The Site Director would find a lone burrito laying in their office chair, cold.'

/ooc bind KEY "say /ooc The Fitness Gram Pacer Test is a multi-stage aerobic capacity test.
- This will say in Out-Of-Character chat 'The Fitness Gram Pacer Test is a multi-stage aerobic capacity test.'

/looc
bind KEY "say /looc What flavour of scalpel tastes the best?
- This will put into Local Out-Of-Character 'What flavour of scalpel tastes the best?'

Local Chat
bind KEY "say Benoit, two scouts got into the fridge and stole eight weeks of rations. We're $70k over budget already, what do we do?
- This will say to everyone around you 'Benoit, two scouts got into the fridge and stole eight weeks of rations. We're $70k over budget already, what do we do?'

All of these can be changed to fit your purpose, or your need, such as medical binds, trying to break out of cuffs, patting someone down for contraband, or punching someone in the head so damn hard that they go into a coma.

P.S. For going into Third Person, do [bind stp] or [bind "say !3p]
To set a bind to pull out a gun or keycard or something, do [bind KEY "use ITEM-ID"] To find the item ID, use the Spawn Menu, goto Weapons, find the item you want to use, right click it, and click 'Copy to Clipboard'

For Key names and some other info, goto https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Bind

Last edited:
Some other useful commands are:

!time to check your time.

@(MESSAGE) to request staff help.

/pm (NAME) (MESSAGE) to privately message a person.

/pay (AMOUNT) Give a certain amount of money to the person you are looking at with your crosshair.

key_listboundkeys in console to get a list of all your binds. (Might be different, will check later.)

mat_specular 0 If you are having visual errors with reflective surfaces (Commonly caused when loading models) use this to turn off some processing temporarily until you can restart GMod. This can take a few minutes, so it is recommended to do this in your bunks.

unbind KEY Unbinds a key.

stopsound in Console this stops all active sounds that your game is playing. Ambient sounds, gunfire, 096 screaming, music, whatever.

!Volume ### (0-100) Changes the volume of event music.

rp_lookup NAME Can be used to check a player's kills, deaths, and money using their Steam name.

Last edited:
Back