Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

Site Engineer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

10OMHz

Reaction score
  1. Which Job are you applying for?: Site Engineer
  2. Give a detailed description of this Job in YOUR OWN WORDS (200 Words MINIMUM):
    The Site Engineer is a role play class designed to perform maintenance around the site. Their tasks range from responding to direct orders, whether delivered face-to-face or through communication channels, to addressing maintenance requests relayed over communication devices. They perform maintenance on a wide range of equipment, including but not limited to: ovens, doors, junction boxes, fuse panels, coffee machines, railings, holes in the wall, and many other similar devices or tasks. This separates them from their cousin class, the Site Technician, who exclusively works with digital technology like servers, computers, TVs, storage devices, etc. As a role play-centric position. Site Engineers are typically unarmed except for a wrench and are instructed not to engage in combat situations. Not being a combative class means they usually try their best to hide, either in bunkers like everybody else, or in strained circumstances, secure electrical rooms. Another way Site Engineers are a great RP class is the fact they interact with every branch in the site. If an E6 needs the cargo lift repaired, the Engineer repairs it, if an NTF needs assistance with repairing a containment cell, they ask for an Engineer, if Research needs their… incineration chamber adjusted, the Engineer is the class for the job, and if Administration needs [REDACTED], Engineers can certainly [DATA EXPUNGED]. TL;DR, Site Engineers are some of the mode RP oriented classes in the server, allowing themselves or others to create RP for their, or others amusement, and they also interact with almost every other Foundation branch.
  3. Since you are Site Staff, who's Orders do you PRIMARILY follow?: Anybody who requires assistance with a machine around the site
  4. How is this Job used on our Server?: The site engineer is used to preform routine and specialized maintenance around the site, if someone is having an issue with an oven, or a coffee machine, or a 20t steel door, they ask the site engineer for assistance
  5. What will you do if someone asks for your help in the comms?: Try to make my way to their location and provide as much assistance as possible
  6. If someone higher ranked than you orders you to leave an area, will you comply?: Yes
  7. If you have a problem with something or someone, who do you contact (In RP, not a Staff Problem)?: My superiors (NCOs, Officers, and other personnel of similar status)
  8. Can this Job fear for its life?: Yes, I lack weapons
  9. Can this Job release SCPs?: With my keycard level I could but in practice absolutely not
  10. How would you create RP with this job?: I would walk around the site and preform maintenance checkups on various machines, after I do my rounds I would record what I managed to repair, what I didn't, and what needs further repairs in a potential logbook
  11. Do you understand that, if you are found abusing this job, we will remove your whitelist? (Yes / No): Yes
  12. Do you understand that site staff have their own ranks, and cannot progress as highly as other regular Foundation Jobs? (Yes / No): Yes

SECTION 2 | OOC QUESTIONS
  1. Have you ever been removed from this Job? (If so, please explain why?): No
  2. What is a "/me"? Please give an example: /me is a command preformed when you would like to announce an RP action to those in your immediate vicinity (/me whacks the obstruction harder with my wrench)
  3. If someone performs a "/me" against you, what do you do?: Depends, if it is something such as taking my comms, or searching me for weaponry I would roll and they would roll, whoever rolls higher 'wins' the interaction
  4. What is a "/roll"? Please give an example: /roll is a command used when there is an interaction with an object or another player that includes random chance, higher values than the opposing player means you 'win' the interaction, against an object usually rolls above 50 means you have preformed your action on the object successfully (/roll [50] /me fixes the leaky pipe)
  5. What is RDM? Please give an example: Random Death Match is when out of seemingly nowhere, you get shot by a neutral or otherwise passive party (Security guard shoots and kills a fellow security guard because supposedly the victim guard said the others 'hat looked funny' or something along those lines)
  6. What is NLR? Please give an example: New Life Rule is enabled when you respawn in after dying, it enables a timer which you have to wait to tick down before you can leave your associated bunks, this is used to that players cannot abuse the respawn mechanic to come back into a battle immediately (Guards die after a D-class riot, they'd have to wait X amount of minutes and seconds before leaving bunks)
  7. What is FearRP? Please give an example: Fear Role Play is when usually a non-combative like a member of medical staff, or a combative that is outgunned, is 'scared' and wants to preserve their life, so they follow the instigators orders or they usually get shot (A site technician has a gun pointed at them by an escaped D-class member, the D-class forces the technician to open a door they do not have access to)
  8. When a staff member tells you to get off the job, will you listen to them? (Yes / No): Yes
  9. Do you understand that the goal of playing any Job is to roleplay, not get kills whenever you can? (Yes / No): Yes

SECTION 3 | OOC INFORMATION
  1. What is the date? [20-04-24]
  2. What is your Discord name and Discord ID?: 10OMHz (836777287117832234)
  3. What is your in-game name?: 10OMHz
  4. What is your SteamID? (Steam_64 - Example: 76561198062648488): STEAM_0:1:161503041, 76561198283271811
  5. How many hours do you have in GMod, and how long do you think you've played on the server?: 1300 hours in Gmod, in this server, 10-15 hours-ish
  6. What other characters do you actively play as?: Axle Steele [E6]
  7. Please list ALL of your warns and/or Bans: None

Last edited:
--Pending--
Hello, please relook over the "Give a detailed description of this Job in YOUR OWN WORDS (200 Words MINIMUM):" Please make it 200 words minimum.

--Pending--
Hello, please relook over the "Give a detailed description of this Job in YOUR OWN WORDS (200 Words MINIMUM):" Please make it 200 words minimum.
I have edited the description to include over 200 words, aswell as updated my character list and playtime as I played on the server more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back