Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

SCP-966 "The Sleep Demon" Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark

Reaction score
SECTION 1 | SCP QUESTIONS

1. How many SCPs have you applied for and gotten Accepted? [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]: Applied: (1) (this one). Accepted: (0).
  2. Which SCP are you applying for?: SCP-966 'The Sleep Demon'.
  3. Give a detailed description of this SCP in YOUR OWN WORDS (100 Words MINIMUM): SCP-966 'The Sleep Demon' is a hairless humanoid creature that has the appearance of being starved, Its face is long and pointed much like its other features like its sharp teeth and claws, while its claws are long and sharp they are too fragile to be used in combat, However, that does not mean it isn't a deadly hunter. SCP-966 hunts by itself or in pairs, either way, they do so by stalking their prey and slowly depriving them of sleep until they completely pass out which is when SCP-966 will begin to feed on its target. SCP-966 can do this with an unknown wave that affects their prey permanently the moment they are affected by it, however, these waves can be interrupted by lead. In addition, SCP-966 is virtually invisible due to its own body being only visible in high light waves that humans are unable to see, however, that invisibility can be hampered when SCP-966 gets burned and it can be seen when using infrared vision. The SCP Foundation currently has 4 in containment 3 males and 1 female with presumed more still wandering the globe.
  4. What Object Class is this SCP?: Euclid
  5. How is this SCP maintained on our Server?: SCP-966 is maintained by occasionally feeding It a D-Class personnel
  6. How does this SCP breach on our Server?: SCP-966 Can breach once a 35-minute time period has elapsed and with at least three "/adverts" posted in chat before they can breach containment, the first /advert stating that it is beginning to get hungry with the second two /adverts stating that it requests prey.
  7. How is this SCP re-contained on our Server?: SCP-966 is contained by finding out who they are currently stalking, usually using NVGs. (Night Vision Goggles) Once SCP-966's victim has been identified personnel handling the re-containment (NTF) will have the victim walk into SCP-966's containment cell after which the personnel overseeing the containment (NTF) will close and lock SCP-966's cell once SCP-966 has made it inside after which SCP-966 will kill and consume its victim.
  8. What does this SCP do while breached?: After breaching containment, SCP-966 will begin stalking the first person it sees when it does find its first victim it must state in the chat "/advert [RP] SCP-966 begins stalking its prey by emitting a sound wave affecting the prey." this sound wave causes the victim to grow weary and after 2 minutes have elapsed they victim and SCP-966 MUST do a roll-off in the chat by typing /roll in the chat box if the victim wins the roll-off they remain awake but enrages SCP-966 causing it to attack its victim immediately, it's at this point the victim is aware it is being stalked and SCP-966 will need to /advert that it is enraged if SCP-966 wins the roll-off the victim is rendered unconscious immediately and free for SCP-966 to kill. After SCP-966 has killed its initial victim it repeats the entire process with the first person it next sees and it is required to repeat the initial /advert. In addition, SCP-966 is unable to see Foundation or CI cloaking units.
  9. Does this SCP fear for its life?: I could not find a conclusive answer but based on how its re-containment procedures work and how SCP-966 hunts I am leaning towards no, SCP-966 does not fear for its life.
  10. Can this SCP open doors?: Yes
  11. Can this SCP breach other SCPs? If so, what are the rules regarding it?: No it cannot breach other SCPs from their containment.
  12. Can this SCP be killed? If so, how?: Yes it can be killed as long as the person attempting to kill it has NVGs or SCP-966 has been burned.
  13. After getting contained as an SCP, what do you HAVE to do?: I must remove myself from the SCP-966 job and play on another job for the minimum requirement of five minutes if no one else claims the SCP-966 job within the allotted five minutes I am free to rejoin the queue for the SCP-966 job.

SECTION 2 | OOC QUESTIONS
    1. Have you ever been removed from this Job? (If so, please explain why?): No as I have not had this job previously.
    2. What is a "/me"? Please give an example: "/me" is a command entered into the "chat box" which is used to describe an action the controlling player wishes their character to perform, an example, Timmy: "/me Throws his dirty GENSEC uniform into the washing machine and turns it on." This is an example of a /me action a character can perform.
    3. If someone performs a "/me" against you, what do you do?: When another player has their character perform a /me action against your character (usually to your detriment) you will respond with a /me action of your character rebuking their character's action, for example, Billy: "/me PUSHES Timmy to the ground and laughs at him." Timmy: /me gets up off the ground and brushes the dirt from his pants." If the /me actions directly contest each other the opposing players will enter the command "/roll" in the chat the character/player with the higher of the two rolls will 'win' the roll-off as it is referred to.
    4. What is a "/roll"? Please give an example: A "/roll" command is a command that is entered into the "chat box" that is designed to give the player who entered the command a random number between 1 and 100, an example, Timmy: "/me THROWS rock at Billy." Timmy: "/roll." system: "Timmy rolled a 47." In this example, poor Timmy would fail in throwing the rock at Billy due to him not rolling higher than 50, the usually accepted threshold for a successful roll.
    5. What is RDM? Please give an example: RDM stands for "Random Death Match", an example: Timmy is looking at the map of lower containment as he is horridly lost, Billy comes running up to Timmy and KILLS him with his GUN, running away soon after, what makes this a case of RDM is that Timmy and Billy where both members of GENSEC and thus on the same team, and since they where on the same team Billy had no good reason to randomly kill poor Timmy while he was looking at the map. (since Timmy is a smart lad he would send a ticket to a staff member at his soonest available convenience).
    6. What is NLR? Please give an example: NLR stands for "New Life Rule", an example: Timmy has just respawned after getting jumped by a squad of dastardly CI operatives that are trying to covertly invade Foundation site-85, Timmy the good lad he is follows the NLR stating that after he has died his character has no memory of the immediate events that lead to his death, and so he waits in GENSEC bunks quietly for the remainder of his NLR before leaving. Billy, on the other hand, cares NOT for the NLR, you see Timmy and Billy was stationed at the same place and thus both got jumped before either could relay anything over the Foundation radio or to the other GENSEC operatives in the TS, however, since Billy cares nor for the NLR as soon as he respawns he loudly proclaims over the Foundation radio and the TS that "THE CI ARE COMING! THE CI ARE COMING!" to which he shoves several ammo runs worth of ammo into his pockets and immediately runs back to the place he died to confront the CI who at this point have had their carefully planned mission go ary.
    7. What is FearRP? Please give an example: FearRP is short for "Fear Role Play", an example: after trying to chase down the villainous CI that is raiding the base Timmy and Billy are caught in one of the CI's dastardly traps, Timmy and Billy both have their guns in their hand but not at the ready, the CI, on the other hand, have 6 guns pointed at the both of them 3 pointed at Timmy and 3 pointed at Billy, the Ci demand that Timmy and Billy drop their guns, Timmy the good lad he is complying with the FearRP since his character does fear for his life and drops his gun with a /me describing him doing so, Billy on the other hand boldly shouts and recklessly starts to fire his gun, to which the six CI operatives gun him down on the spot. Billy should have conformed to the FearRP as not only would it have provided interesting role-play for all involved but his character would not have been PK'ed due to breaking multiple server rules previously.
    8. When a staff member tells you to get off the job, will you listen to them? (Yes / No): Yes
    9. Do you understand that the goal of playing any SCP is to roleplay, not get kills whenever you can? (Yes / No): Yes

SECTION 3 | OOC INFORMATION
      1. What is the date? (DD/MM/YYYY): At the time of writing is it currently 17/4/2024 at 3:09 AM PST
      2. What is your Discord name and Discord ID?: My username is stark105, my display name is Stark and my nickname on the Atlas Uprising discord is Butch Bronko, my discord id is as follows: 388527456971259904
      3. What is your in-game name?: GENSEC CPL Butch Bronko
      4. What is your SteamID? (Steam_64 - Example: 76561198062648488): MY steam ID is as follows: 76561198199847805
      5. How many hours do you have in GMod, and how long do you think you've played on the server?: At the current time of writing I have a WHOPPING 1,551.6 HOURS on "Garry's Mod" spread across various role-play servers, As for total time on the server, well excluding my time on the server before it shut down and then reopened I'd hazard around 4 days worth of hours.
      6. What other characters do you actively play as?: None as of this moment.
      7. Please list ALL of your warns and/or Bans: The discord bot warned me not to post gifs in the grand reopening meeting chat right before the server relaunched.

Last edited:
By the way aside from the SCP-specific questions am I allowed to reuse the answers that were given, an example, the answer I gave in section 2 question 5, where I to fill out another SCP application could I use the same answer I gave on this application to the same question on the new application?

Last edited:
Accepted
Please contact staff in game to request your whitelist

Great application btw!​

By the way aside from the SCP-specific questions am I allowed to reuse the answers that were given, an example, the answer I gave in section 2 question 5, where I to fill out another SCP application could I use the same answer I gave on this application to the same question on the new application?
This should be fine since they are your own words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back