Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

SECOND SUGGESTION THREAD [New Map]

Soul

Root Access
- EXECUTIVE OWNER -
Reaction score
NOTE: I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE **CURRENT** NEW MAP, I'M TALKING ABOUT A NEW MAP WE ARE WORKING ON FOR THE FUTURE - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE POSTING!

Some of you might be asking.... "Why are you working on a new map if you just released a new map?" - Well, essentially, the current map we have was planned from long ago. Basically, it was either this map, or the last map we have. I had decided to use the last map to test and see if a map being too large was bad. It seems it was, which is why I booted up Hammer++ and got to work getting the current new map created.

Now that this is done, I want to work on a new map in order to get two things done...

1. Train the team & myself all about the Hammer Editor that way we can easily branch out into S&Box when it eventually releases, giving us the edge at creating a new SCP-RP experience.
  2. This map was meant to be created right after the current map regardless and will take us many many months to complete, so we'd rather hear your opinions now rather than later.

The Current Map will have small updates here and there as well as fixes to it though, so don't act like it's done!

_____

Now that this has been addressed, I'd like to gather your opinions on what you would want to see out of this new map.

Please note: A lot of your ideas, especially those who have never mapped, are not possible. There will be ideas you bring up that either won't be or can't be implemented. Please do not take it as if we ignored your ideas. Some things are not possible because of the engine or because of time constraints.

Thank you for Understanding.

_____

With that being said, we hope to hear your thoughts! What would you like to see? Do you want a traditional SCP Map, or a Military-RP esque SCP Map(Surface Base for the departments and then an interior for LCZ, HCZ, D-Block, etc... as an example)?

Thank you in advance, we hope to hear what you have to say!

A working camera system that site techs/command can access like back on V7. I miss it quite a bit plus it made site staff have more of a use than just the computer IT guy that can scramble comms.

Aside from that I like the current map IMO its good and doesn't need to be changed very much but that's just my opinion.

I think having some sort of large centralized point/an intersection that branches off to multiple areas might be a good idea! Having some sort of central point where everything meets allows people to run in/RP with each other a lot more then just folks running off and doing their own thing. Think something like the sandbags outside of Gensec or the medbay. Those areas were open and lead down to other branches/halls allowing for people to run into each other and thus, more RP. I can't say much on the CI ends, but maybe doing the same might benefit them as well?

• Helpful
Reactions: Rob
Personally I'd like a bigger surface for us to mess around on. While I do like urban settings, they are obviously very cramped. With a more open map, I think a setting like a Mountain or Desert would be really cool as there's a lot you can do with that. I would also like the traditional layout so that it still feels hidden from the public, but a cool way could be hiding CI and Foundation in ways other than it being a normal military base. Hiding it inside like a factory or some other large building could be cool.

Internally I also really like the current look of having SC offices and the platforms overlook D-Block, but I think a better way to do that for a new map is maybe have hallways in the sides of the open top overlook it using windows. SC offices in general IMO should be very open and easy to find, having it secluded away in the site makes the people in them seem very detached and closed off from the rest of the site. They already have a keycard door, no need to hide them any more than that.

Last edited:
1) I'd like to see more cave-like sections in the map. I really like the cave-like aesthetic, and seeing more of it with stalactites will really give a good feeling of being underground.

2) I think command offices should have their own section in EZ that would look posh? or just, very nice looking

3) A new research bay would be nice, comprised of 2 chambers for containment

4) Surface would definitely need an upgrade, and personally the location of Egypt is kinda boring? I've found for me at least that sites set in lush forests look very nice looking, instead of a city.
(p.s. I have access to S&Box so I have Hammer 2)

Oh boy I have been waiting for this.

D-Block:
-GENSEC and D-Class need to have a place where they can meet face to face: Take for example site-65's D-Block. GENSEC and D-Class would meet in front of the airlock and talk. This was a vital part of D-Block as it allowed the 2 groups to meet and RP together. Most bad D-Block's I have seen all make the mistake of keeping the 2 groups separate so that they can't meet up. When you get a map that separates the 2 groups RP only suffers. 2 examples of the RP suffering are the V8 map and Zenith's original map (I do not mean any disrespect to Zenith they have had great maps I'm just taking an example that I believe we can improve from) The original V8 map only allowed D-Class to speak to GENSEC through the kitchen (Which GENEC never really went in) and if GENSEC went on the catwalk. The problem being that the Catwalk left GENSEC heavily exposed to most people remained in the back of D-Block. This left D-Class with their only way of interacting with Foundation to be rioting and trying to push through the vents. Secondly is the ZP map. their D-Block had the issue of most GENSEC would stay on the catwalk surrounding airlock and wouldn't go in front of the Airlock to the cage. The reason GENSEC would stay in catwalk is that the airlock left them all exposed, and D-Class could easily kill them. along with most D-Block vents making it so GENSEC would have to remain on catwalk anyways. But since GENSEC would remain on Catwalk the D-Class had to find a way to get to GENSEC to interact and RP with them. This is where the main issue of the Boxes come into play. Within the D-Block there were this small stack of boxes that D-Class could hop on to reach catwalk. and despite warnings not to get on they would do it anyways. But here is the thing. Most D-Class weren't getting on the boxes to shoot GENSEC or fight them. They would hop on to RP with GENSEC, and despite the D-Class just wanting to RP some GENSEC would still try to enforce the no box rule. In fact, multiple times GENSEC leadership would try to force the no box rule to be enforced and would station GENSEC in the Cage. but no matter how much they tried to force it. It never worked. The reason it never worked is that every time GENSEC tried to enforce the no box rule. they had to stick their neck out and put GENSEC in the cage which endangered them, and inevitable when D-Class did riot and killed the Cage GENSEC the whole of GENSEC would just return to staying on the catwalk and not in the cage. This made the D-Class that did want to RP have to move up the boxes to interact. Then GENSEC would try to get the D-Class to stay off the boxes and would try to enforce the no box rule and put GENSEC in the cage restarting the cycle. I saw this happen for over the 3 months with no improvement. Just save the issue and make it so the map encourages GENSEC to have an interaction point in the map with D-Class. Having a place for D-Class and GENSEC to talk will give both sides something to do other than shoot each other helping both sides RP and not just devolve into a CoD lobby.
-Vents should lead to a semi safe drop zone and not straight into a firing line: Going back to the V8 map the vent there was had terrible placement. When a vent is easily accessed and seen by GENSEC it just becomes a fish in a barrel situation for a riot. If possible, Vents should have several exits that don't just lead to the middle of a room that GENSEC is constantly stationed in.

Surface:
-Please add a jungle or heavily forested map: I think that a surface that is made of a large jungle would be great for a surface. The reason I believe this is that it would allow for much better performance. As you could add some spooky jungle fog and make it so that instead of loading one giant surface it could load smaller sections of the jungle. With the fog allowing you to not worry about the player seeing an abyss at higher elevations. Along with that It could allow for E6 and CI to sneak around. Since they could sneak around both sides could be on surface without having to constantly worry about people getting absolutely destroyed by an army rushing across a field the second, they get spotted.

CI base:
-Bigger med bay: Right now, med bay is just a small hut. If Medical Bay was bigger, I could probably give more medical RP, for example a Surgery Bay that could be locked would prevent people from just running in and demanding a band aid in the middle of a heart surgery. (Cough cough Seven three cough cough) along with that a locked surgery bay could also double as a therapy room to allow for therapy RP.

D-Block: A part of what the old D-Block special, was the open area with testing and medical lines, where D-Class and GSC weren't separated by any walls, gates, or windows, it encouraged interaction and RP between the two. Part of that it what made GSC and D-Class so fun, was hopping on, chilling and talking with each other. It also made rioting as D-Class more engaging, and for GSC it had them on their toes.

Foundation: Indeed having a smaller map is better, but there are a few things missing. Empty, barren hallways and areas. What would be nice is added decorations and making the areas feel more alive and immersive, rather then just being plain and empty. Things like plants, chairs, desks etc. And the overall layout of areas could feel more professional and workplace esque.

Surface: Old surface was too open, the new surface is still cool. What would be cool is a surface with both CQC focused areas and open long ranged areas, making surface combat feel more diverse rather then one playstyle dominating the other. Atlas village was peak please bring it back sussy square aint it.

CI: A base that would really fit CI would be a high tech, covert ops base, the current CI base looks like the WW2 trenches, it looks cool though.

Surface is meh, while I do enjoy it the apartments have no real meaning or use in combat, the only real applicable use we have is the hospital because it's such a vital area.

Add a bigger town and police station (for when we eventually add police... hopefully RIGHT CABOOSE???)

I'd like the CI base to be more concrete than looking like a homeless cave some cavemen dug into, it's supposed to be an old secondary foundation base right? There should be some old aspects of the architecture there. I'd like more bravo offices and at least three alpha command offices, one for the Marshal, one for the Vice Commander, and one for the commander.

Yo tbh, I'd think it is cooler to go back to a more military-sized surface than just it being in a town, I feel like it could give more RP cause as we go down the line of craters in the grown, destroyed buildings, E6 and CI could do big RP's and try to rebuild certain buildings and bring the town slowly back up. or if they simply both continue to C4 the hell out of everything then the building turn into rubble and there are lots of burnt trees and areas that used to be zones of peace turned into ash.

I'd also love to see the foundation's safe zone turn into a FOB, like make it an outside area for E6 to be in and the area you go into for the foundation is like a huge tunnel, almost like some Cold War nuke silo, I think it would brings lots of RP, and honestly would be nice to see E6 on the surface more

D-Block:
-GENSEC and D-Class need to have a place where they can meet face to face: Take for example site-65's D-Block. GENSEC and D-Class would meet in front of the airlock and talk. This was a vital part of D-Block as it allowed the 2 groups to meet and RP together. Most bad D-Block's I have seen all make the mistake of keeping the 2 groups separate so that they can't meet up. - Melon
And
"D-Block: A part of what the old D-Block special, was the open area with testing and medical lines, where D-Class and GSC weren't separated by any walls, gates, or windows, it encouraged interaction and RP between the two. Part of that it what made GSC and D-Class so fun, was hopping on, chilling and talking with each other. It also made rioting as D-Class more engaging, and for GSC it had them on their toes." - Ezaza

Both of these display exactly what I'd like to say when it comes to suggesting changes to D-Block.
One of the things I find myself craving in the solid week I've been back has been that face to face interaction that happened so frequently and effortlessly back in V3. Yes, GENSEC always had the option to bring down a massive metal gate to make that barrier when necessary, but when it wasn't down D-Block was far more manageable than it is now. Reason being, that being face to face automatically makes interacting far easier.

I could care less about making riots easier to crack down on. In fact, I'd encourage they remain as lethal as they used to be back in V3 when D-Class took control over D-Block's control room. There was so much RP to be had back then and the only change I'd make from that setup would be an additional vent path like we have now. One singular vent path is too easy, but too many any you'll scare GENSEC or any other role away from wanting to guard all the holes.

Surface: Old surface was too open, the new surface is still cool. What would be cool is a surface with both CQC focused areas and open long ranged areas, making surface combat feel more diverse rather then one playstyle dominating the other. Atlas village was peak please bring it back sussy square aint it. - Ezaza​

In terms of the few instances of surface time I've gotten so far, I can't help but also bring up that I agree with this. The old snowy map was far too open and with a precise weapon, made picking off the enemy far too easy. However, with everything being so CQC, I hardly feel 'welcome' on the surface if that makes any sense. The benefit of having open spaces allowed those wishing to reach RP spots on the surface unimpeded or at least knowledgeable of those trying to harm them because they could see them made it a far more welcoming place to go. A mix between what we have now w/ places of concentrated CQC environments like the old village where actual objectives are feels like a good balance.

For Checkpoints within the Site, an airlock design that also allows discussion through the glass walls would be ideal. As it stands right now, the checkpoints on site are hardly usable if you're wanting to set up RP situations while stationed at them, because the glass itself can't even be spoken through. Not to mention, a majority of the doors around them don't seem to require keycards despite that being a very essential part of making a checkpoint even one to begin with. If the issue is making sure people can get through it now matter what, making these able to manned and for IDs to function again would be a very easy way at providing some actual function to them outside of aesthetic zone separation. (I have a very fond place in my heart for the checkpoints of old, but I'd love to hear others views on them.)

❤️ That's all I got.

Last edited:
Oh boy I have been waiting for this.

Within the D-Block there were this small stack of boxes that D-Class could hop on to reach catwalk. and despite warnings not to get on they would do it anyways. But here is the thing. Most D-Class weren't getting on the boxes to shoot GENSEC or fight them. They would hop on to RP with GENSEC, and despite the D-Class just wanting to RP some GENSEC would still try to enforce the no box rule. In fact, multiple times GENSEC leadership would try to force the no box rule to be enforced and would station GENSEC in the Cage. but no matter how much they tried to force it. It never worked. The reason it never worked is that every time GENSEC tried to enforce the no box rule.
I remember this lol, I tried making a suggestion about having a more RP focused D-Block and the staff replied with "Be the change you'd like to see and hop on GENSEC to help promote RP with D-Class." But I can't do that when their are specific rules in GSC that don't allow this, and the fact that the map made it difficult to do so. Let's not replicate this in AU.

I like the idea of the site being in the middle of the desert. Current surface feels too closed in and I think if the new map switched to a desert and added a small town somewhere it would be way more enjoyable. As for the town I think having inspiration from Rango would be cool. It could have shops with anomalous people or entities and be considered it's own "GOI" without it actually being one since the only citizens of the town would be Event Coordinators if they wish to do some passive RP with E6 or CI or even an entire event. This town could also have relations with E6 and CI if they wish to improve it.

1715431597908.png

As for inside the facility we should have a vault door in HCZ or Research where we keep all our captured anomalies from events :)

I am still actively reading all the suggestion as I work on the map.​

Back