Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

Site Technician Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Bastion

Reaction score
SECTION 1 | SCP QUESTIONS
  1. Which Job are you applying for?: Site Technician
  2. Give a detailed description of this Job in YOUR OWN WORDS (200 Words MINIMUM): A site technician is someone who works for the Foundation with the sole focus of fixing and repairing software issues. Basically, a special term for a Foundation IT guy. Where one person must provide multiple different jobs including, but not up to; making sure the internet is on, fixing computers that have crashed, troubleshooting computer problems, fixing email systems when need be, removing viruses and other factors normally inhabited by the Foundation. Site Technicians also have the responsibility of working with AICs and repairing them whenever that may come up in RP or in-game. However, they are not Site Engineers. Which means they don’t handle mechanical problems, this means they don’t fix doors, they don’t fix walls. This job also holds no rank, you are a slave to be called up at 3 AM to fix the Boss’ computer because he clicked on a dodgy link. As a technician, you aren’t the first line of defense, but you’re the line of defense everyone will see. You may not be some super duper kill agent in a system somewhere, but you are extremely qualified and willing to work a job. This job can is used to fix and secure software issues to all of the Foundation.
  3. Since you are Site Staff, who's Orders do you PRIMARILY follow?: Site Commands first and foremost, they have the most authority and as a Site Technician would be directly under them. However orders are to be taken from everyone as a Site Technician has responsibilities that supercede all else, what if the internet went out? How harmful that would be if it were to happen.
  4. How is this Job used on our Server?: This is an RP role mostly, go around and take requests and doing /me to fix stuff.
  5. What will you do if someone asks for your help in the comms?: I will go assist, it's my duty no matter what.
  6. If someone higher ranked than you orders you to leave an area, will you comply?: Yes, unless I was told to go there and fix a job.
  7. If you have a problem with something or someone, who do you contact?: I would contact their NCO, if it's an NCO, I would contact and Officer. If it's an Officer, I would contact their Commander.
  8. Can this Job fear for its life?: Absolutely. There is no reason for it not to, you're just a guy working.
  9. Can this Job release SCPs?: No.
  10. How would you create RP with this job?: I would go around and ask people in RP if their computer is running slow and if they say yes I'll fix it. I'll go to security ask if there were virus breaches, etcetera.
  11. Do you understand that, if you are found abusing this job, we will remove your whitelist?: Yes.
  12. Do you understand that site staff have their own ranks, and cannot progress as highly as other regular Foundation Jobs?: Yes.

SECTION 2 | OOC QUESTIONS
  1. Have you ever been removed from this Job?: One day.
  2. What is a "/me"? Please give an example: A '/me' is the form of way to start a in person response. Basically it's the equivalent to posting an RP interaction. It's what your character is actively doing. An example would be, '/me moved to the keyboard, typing away at the command prompt to figure out where the intrusion is. Until he typed in a fatal line' then I would '/roll'
  3. If someone performs a "/me" against you, what do you do?: Read the '/me' and then counter with my own '/me'. This is to foster RP, however if It's something like '/me jails' or '/me strips' then I'll go off what the '/roll' says and goes from there.
  4. What is a "/roll"? Please give an example: A '/roll' is rolling a d100 which is used to determine if an action is successful or not. An example would be, I go to fix a computer and then '/roll' to figure out the likely hood of it actually working.
  5. What is RDM? Please give an example: RDM is Random Death Match, it means starting a fight with someone randomly and kill them. An example would be if a Site Janitor found a gun, walked up to a GenSec guy and shot him in the head for no reason.
  6. What is NLR? Please give an example: NLR is New Life Rule, it's a rule that prevents people from going to the place of their death. An example would be if I was a Class D who ran into the site and killed a guy, but then I also got killed. I wouldn't be able to remember that I was killed or what I learned by killing that man. Essentially preventing me from dying and snitching on the person who killed me.
  7. What is FearRP? Please give an example: FearRP is the expectation that in RP someone should reasonably fear for their life. Let's say a CI aims a gun at me, I would be too scared to run away because I have the fear that my life might be taken.
  8. When a staff member tells you to get off the job, will you listen to them?: Obviously, they're a staff member.
  9. Do you understand that the goal of playing any Job is to roleplay, not get kills whenever you can?: Absolutely.

SECTION 3 | OOC INFORMATION
  1. What is the date?: 01/05/2024
  2. What is your Discord name and Discord ID?: notcain. 461071028689305611
  3. What is your in-game name?: Mikael Sorn
  4. What is your SteamID? (Steam_64 - Example: 76561198062648488): 76561198176765843
  5. How many hours do you have in GMod, and how long do you think you've played on the server?: Four hours on the server, almost 1k hours between two accounts, 365 on this one.
  6. What other characters do you actively play as?: RI Initiate Jonathan Smith
  7. Please list ALL of your warns and/or Bans: N/A

Application accepted!
You should have access to the whitelist when you next log on!
Have a wonderful day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back