Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

[ACCEPTED] Pierre's Roleplay Application for Amanda Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre

Reaction score
Player Info

Name: Amanda Morrison

Discord (Your Default Username): iampighead

Steam ID (Found Here): STEAM_0:1:236812152

Current Faction & Branch: Foundation, IST

Rank Held (RP): PVT

Do you currently have a DCB? (If not please make one before submitting this application. Depending whether or not your application gets accepted, you will need to add these traits to it.): Amanda Morrison DCB

RP Application Questionnaire

Please give an overview of what your RP application entails (200 words):

My application is for my character Amanda Morrison, a soon to be personnel that I intend to grow into either GENSEC or Nine Tailed Fox. Essentially I wish for my character to have a sense of uniqueness, inspired off of a game known as 'Signalis'. Though those are bio-mechanical robots created for specific jobs, Amanda herself wouldn't be to different from the normal human, although she would physically be slimmer, her legs and arms would be cybernetic / mechanical, and certain parts of her body will be replaced by mechanical bits as well. Her Throat and chin could be made of metal and carbon-fiber, and such. Though this of course wouldn't give my character any sort of in-game advantages. As well, I feel that this could give my character a sort of difference with pre-established relationships. For instance, lets say that her friendship with someone is strong. After [whatever] causes her to become what she is now, she'd be more Stoic. More Silent. Sad almost. It would be almost an entirely new person, like a bodyguard even. Though she still would retain her personality, it would show less. As if she was scared to be herself again. I like this idea a lot, and I love the idea of someone being a shadow of their former self, and being taught how to be themselves again. That regardless of the trauma that my character would endure, there would be a way to persevere and be herself, even if in reality she will never be herself ever again.

If this application gets accepted, how can you see this RP benefiting your growth? (100 Words):
It would allow me mostly to tell the story I want to tell. I love media inspiring me, and I love putting those inspirations into practice. Signalis itself is a story about justifying the weight of grief as a sense of purpose. Something we all can relate too so closely. To allow my character to be struck with the weight of actions that may not even be in their control, and to lose themselves in them self is something I find to be extremely interesting. Thinking of it like this: It wasn't her fault that whatever happened to her happened. However, the trauma of it happening is what fuels her sense of purpose, to never have it happen to her or anyone else again. Whether it's Torture, Anomalies, or Betrayal. Amanda would feel a sense of dread and a sense of belonging all while combating the fact that she can never be normal again. That after her time in the Foundation, she'll have to retire or decommission. Because of her mistakes, Amanda may never be able to be who she once was, but it doesn't mean that her friends around her wont try to help her be who she once was.

If this application gets accepted, how can you use this RP to benefit other players’ characters in the server? (100 Words):
Amanda's Character could bring about many plot points for other characters. The thoughts of one's friend becoming a shell, or a hollow case. Think about it like this, your brother in arms has a traumatic accident happen to them, and now you must not only set aside your fear for them, your worry for them, and your tears for them- but you also have to help grapple them back to who they are. Imagine that. Imagine the grief in realizing though it is them, though they are PHYICALLY and MENTALLY them, they will never truly be them ever again. Whatever event that causes Amanda to become this, cyborg- practically destroys her. Who she was, and what she was and the each time that realization settles in, it causes a whole loop all over again. As well, this can supply smaller RPs for Chaos Insurgency and or the Medical Team. Or Site-Staff requiring to do a 'Cybernetic Evaluation' to make sure she is up-to-date and functioning properly. This could also create new illnesses, maybe even attract anomalous events for GMs to utilize if they ever needed to utilize the character for something as well. I say this, without the intentions of making Amanda a main character. However, there are a lot of potential scenarios that could be delved into minor or major with this character having Cybernetics. As well as it being fully possible with the Foundation's access to Money and Technology. Fortunately, this would not happen on day one. Instead, around the rank of Lieutenant or Upper-NCOs.

ACCEPTED

The following limitations will be applied on Acceptance:

- Cybernetics must NOT be used to gain an advantage in any RP situation. Must treat this character with human limitations and must abide by Community Guidelines.

NOTICE: SMT reserves the right to revert the acceptance of this RP Application if deemed necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back