Welcome to Atlas Uprising!

Lookin' to send posts on the Forums? Be sure to register in order to gain Access!

Announcement Title

Your first announcement to every user on the forum.

FIRST SUGGESTION [D-BLOCK EDITION]

There are a few ways we can make D-Class less about rioting and escaping and more rp encouraged. Below are a list of things that should be changed to make D-Class have better quality of life while also giving them opportunities to naturally be passive without playing a guessing game.

Remove D-Class Dealer: Before you say anything hear me out. Every time I see a D-Class dealer on while I play I already know its gonna be constant riots. In the grand scheme of things since all ar's deal the same damage he serves no purpose other then a cheaper rifle. Instead the guns available to D-Class should be bought exclusively from the ai dealer. Perhaps adding an SMG at 750 would also help

Making crafting a more core component of game play: What dose this exactly mean? Well in order to riot you should require crafting instead of buying guns straight from the ai dealer. Perhaps new crafting recopies involving making weapon parts should be a method of making guns, but also making it so that in order to fully craft a gun you must buy a receiver part from the dealer. For example say you would need to make a gun barrel and a stock. You can now take those finished parts and buy the specific weapon receiver from the dealer. We can also make the part itself cheaper. So you have the gun pats item and you combine that with sa an AK receiver making an AK.

D-Class Low Risk Inmates: This is the big one and what I feel would be great for allowing D-Class to ba able to be passive without needing to wait for GENSEC to grab them etc. Low Risk Inmates or Trustees would be labeled with a separate black uniform which I will list at the end. The Medical D-Class and the D-Class Cook would automatically receive low risk inmate status with the Medic spawning in the D-Class Medic area, and the Cook in the D-Class cooking area. A new job named D-Class Worker would be added as the main Low Risk Inmate Job which would be handed out by GENSEC to trusted D-Class. All Low risk D-Class would be able to roam LCZ at will, but they may not attempt to escape. This dose not mean they are Foundation Sided, but more or less act as a neutral party.

Make Melee weapons the only Buy able Weapon: Simply put it you can walk up to the AI dealer and purchases the Knife for like 150 or 250.

Make it required to use a Keycard to exit D-Block: This is mainly there to prevent people from breaking NLR or rioting without a reason. Vents cannot be spammed.

Make crafting cheaper: Only thing with this is that the amount of tiers for each mine able item should be reduced by one.

Trustee Uniform: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2735808741

Something like this is super smart!

Something like this is super smart!
In the end, being a D-Class is all about being a naughty prisoner/test subject. Passive RP and riots should both be equally encouraged instead of just nerfing one or the other.

In the end, being a D-Class is all about being a naughty prisoner/test subject. Passive RP and riots should both be equally encouraged instead of just nerfing one or the other.
That was the goal of my reply, I say we need it reworked rather then nerfed.

D-Block is a deathtrap, to fix the issue it needs to not be a deathtrap.

-There's no incentive for GENSEC to control the inside of D-Block.
-GENSEC who go into D-Block are entering the meat grinder of D-Class pulling guns behind their backs.

Because of that, nobody wants to enter D-Block. Taking Class-D out of D-Block individually and then doing fun things with them is the best you get.

To fix the issue, either bullet point needs to be addressed.
-GENSEC need more reasons to be around the inside of D-Block, either through Personal Salaries, Department Salaries, actually limiting the weapons Class-D can access just by being around, or some other easily identifiable motivation.
>More GENSEC means more control, which means more people feeling safer just hanging around and interacting.

-Class-D Rioting needs to be easier to handle. Probably through advert logs as-per SCPs. It does not matter if people "metagame" a riot if everybody knows there's always a "riot" going on. Might even be easier to restrict rioting to needing a Class-D Commander for said adverts so the role gets more use. That'd probably just end up killing the Class-D playerbase though.

EDIT:
Class-D Chads have too much HP.

Last edited:
More SCP Testing, researchers need to be grabbing more dclass for testing scps, very basic thing that seems to be neglected currently.
Add a "fist swep" to the dclass chad.
remove the purchase cooldown for dclass on the back of dblock shop. add more weapons/items to the plug dealer (keycards, snipers, etc)
make the vents in only destroyable by weapons and not just by touch.
add chess/checkers
add more trash nodes and more mining nodes
reduce crafting cost for bombs
Unfortunately, the basis of having more SCP testing really does fall into the hands of players and their motivation to hold tests. Personally I agree with your point, but it's not really something a new map can do.

Of course there is the chance you also just mean "Give researchers a simpler way to grab D-Class." in which I would +1, it would make their lives much easier and testing would be way more effective when it comes down to how long they take. I've had a fair share of experiences where D-Class all just run into the caged area while a researcher is pulling one out.

My solution to that problem would be as shown:
- Have more than just one door leading from D-Block into the caged area, it will allow for easier access to D-Class and less clutter when D-Class are being pulled out.
- Expand the initial cage, this could be as simple as just adding a extra few rooms in D-Block, like a storage closet or a proper armoury.

Note: New Map will not have some of the suggested changes as we were rushing to make it. In future updates, however, we will look at implementing some of these suggestions!

Back